Across The Highlands MTB Challenge

Fits camp-n-ride is still a think and it is on fathers day weekend. I have my site booked.

June 17th.

Keep me updated because I was going to take time off to do this as well so if something gets planed I might like to join you :slight_smile:

Bummer. I was just in the process of requesting that weekend off.

I’ve been out of the loop. Wow, that sucks.
I was so stoked to get back up there this year with the new whip.

Off to find a replacement marathon XC ride for mid-July!

1 Like

Where can one find a list of other such events? Trying to convince a buddy to come ride this summer, would be neat to check out an event like this as part of that vacation.

1 Like

I think this is the only other marathon type MTB event in the Atlantic region:
http://gaspesia100.com/raidmarathon/?lang=en

1 Like

What about the Tour of Elgin? I thought that was a full-day “marathon” type event. I could be wrong…

Yes, Tour of Elgin and also Coal Miner’s Lung, both in NB.

1 Like

Also Trailflow is doing a 6 hour race at Irishman’s road this year, called Tired Tires.

2 Likes

Oops yeah forgot about those! The Irishman’s event isn’t quite the same it is on a small closed course you’ll see the same section of trail MANY times in 6 hours.

Also in NB…the Woolastook 4.

1 Like

Thanks guys…I, too, had forgotten about the Irishman’s event. I’ll definitely look at doing that. And Elgin was already on my event list this year. Gaspesia would be a lot to take on and I had a mixed bag of feedback on it by those that went the first year.

I recall seeing Coal Miner’s lung last year, but I’ll have to dig into the details.

1 Like

Lots of good stuff on the BNS, Velo NB and Cycling PEI event calendars.

And either the BNL calendar doesn’t get updated, or there’s nothing going on in Nfld:)

1 Like

Here any rumours on the likelihood of a 2018 AHC?

Not yet. I need to book my vacation if it’s happening this year!

I’ve reached out to the organizer on three seperate occasions via email and facebook. No response. I think it’s safe to assume its not happening.

:disappointed:

Thats super depressing. never got to attend one of these rides :frowning:

1 Like

That’s too bad. I think March was around when they starting planning out routes and stuff in the past. I guess I won’t be holding my breath.

I heard a rumour about another camping/biking trip Father’s day weekend…

1 Like