ECMTB Weekly Ride - 12 Sept 2017

Looks like we may have showers Tuesday so lets do McDonald Sports Park.

Where: McDonald Sports Park
When: 7pm
Difficulty: Fast, easy double track with some climbs and a wee bit of single track.

Notes: requires lights

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

Definitely need lights this time of year…less than an hour of daylight on these rides.

1 Like

We may need to change this to Mac Sport park due to weather. 60% chance of showers during the day.

Great night for a ride. Wish I could make it.

1 Like

Saw this in the news this morning, hoping it wasn’t one of our crew.

Everyone made it out OK last night. :slight_smile:

That’s near Line 24 looks like to me.

I thought that too

I was at 24 the whole night til dark and ran the whole line through to the loop and down shubie AT trail at the end back to where i park my car and didnt notice anyone on the trail all evening. Not to say it isnt 24 tho

That being said hopefully the rider is okay and 24 can remain out of the spotlight

1 Like

If it was Line 24, hope they didn’t get hurt riding up the downhill or vice versa :grimacing:

6 Likes

If it was 24 i hope they didnt say it was 24…
… Rule number 1 of fight club

Just got back from 24. Some fellas highlighted some of the features with orange paint for visual aid now that its getting darker earlier. This was done new today, however This in no way confirms the rescue was at 24 though, i can confirm it is just coincidental.
Honestly i think it was the AT trail. I had just enough time to run the full line and get to my car before dark so theyd have to be a madman to have been running 24 behind me any later than that

Yes, i ride 24 multi times a day, every single day unless i do a road trip. No, im not addicted - and i would appreciate your help convincing my wife of this. Thank you.

2 Likes

With lights they could have been riding anywhere anytime.

True but i still stand with my statement. You wouldnt catch me at 24 after dark with a floodlight. Way too many coyote signs on the trail. Fresh, daily new piles

you broke it.

I was there last night as well. I ride from shubie to burnside and then back. This would have been around 6:30. On my way in the rocks were not painted. On the way out they were painted flourescent orange. This was within 15 minutes. I stopped to talk to two guys for a minute when we passed each other. It must have been them.

1 Like

Great to meet you finally put a face to your name Muddy. Ive seen your AKA on form boards from many years ago :wink:

It was me and a friend of mine, the shrubs were getting too thick, we cut many from the upper section back, and sprayed a couple of spots so he could identify the more skillful features. Great job on that Trail everyone who participated, I remember riding it years ago when there was just the trail up to the jump line, and the IPA loop was brand new green, now that the upper half is done, and IPA is ground in, it is probably my most favorite trail in HRM at the moment.

You may remember me from an AKA used years ago on the O.G. ECMTB - vwcabrio82 - I no longer use this, no need to hide behind it! :wink: